Saturday, June 27, 2015

Happy 1st Gotcha Day to Alum Eli!

Enjoying a new step to the
kitchen!
A very special Happy 1st ‪Gotcha Day‬ to our friend, Eli (formerly Ellington). Hope you have a pawsome day, Eli!

You may remember Eli, the senior cocker OBG Cocker Spaniel Rescue rescued from a local shelter (see his intake picture) in honor of a little girl whom we rescued but was very ill and passed away. Eli went to live in a wonderful foster home in VA with four other fur siblings and it quickly became his forever home. Eli looks fabulous and we are so happy for him and his family. He hit the forever home jackpot!

Here's note from alum, Eli, on his First Gotcha Day!

July 2014
"My mom and dad told me that today ismy Gotcha Day (June 27th) and that I’ve been here a year already! I came as a rather frail little fospice doggie, but was soon adopted by them. This week I went to both my least favorite places... I guess in honor of my special day…the groomer and the vet. I gave the groomer a really hard time and my dad had to stay with me and hold me the whole time! The vet said I was in pretty good shape…well, that’s because of all the love I’m getting here from my parents and my 4 siblings. I wanted my mom to take a picture of me going up my special step into the kitchen. The regular step was hard for me sometimes, so awhile back my dad made this extra one from the kitchen to the porch. It makes it much easier to go in and out now. I know he must love me a lot!"



No comments:

Post a Comment