Monday, July 8, 2013

Freedom Foster Drive: Interviews with Fosters


Today we're sharing an interview with OBG foster, Mary Campbell. We hope these interviews will help you consider becoming a foster.  If you have any questions, click here to reach our fosters coordinators.  If you would like to apply to be a foster, click here for the application. 



How long have you been fostering for OBG? 
I believe I've been with OBG almost 5 years now.

What is your favorite part of fostering and why? 
My favorite part of fostering is getting to know and care for so many different dogs. Each of them has a distinct, but different personality, and this can be both rewarding and challenging at the same time.

When it is time to place your foster dog, how can you stand to give the dog to someone else? 
It is difficult to give your foster dog up, and it never gets easier. However, in my heart, I know this is what's best for the dog. I always tell adopters to call me if, for whatever reason, they can't keep the dog or take care of it.

What is your favorite foster story? 
Dante
My favorite foster story...I have several. I fell in love with my first puppy mill pup, Dante. Coming from such a bad situation, he had to learn how to be a dog. He didn't even know how to bark. Long story short, he now brays like a hound dog, thanks to two of my boys! People don't expect this kind of bark from a Cocker Spaniel!

What tips can you share? 
My tip would be to enjoy fostering. Don't try too hard. Just when you think you'll never find the right home for a particular dog, the right person or family will show up. And then you'll be getting another foster to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment