Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shamrock Six at 1: Darby's Happy Tail

Our first happy tail is from Cosette, formerly Darby!



Hello OBG, This is Cosette. You know me as Darby, the smallest of the Shamrock Six. I’m all grown up now and am nearly 30 pounds! I may not look like a cocker, but I am a true wiggle butt. I shake my entire body all over when I greet someone. This is quite difficult because my tail is almost as long as my body and swishes in circles when I wiggle.


I love to play fetch, especially when my Mom throws the ball really far in the dog park. I have lots of toys, and when I get a new one I pull out all the stuffing until I get the squeaker. Toys are fun even when the stuffing is gone, but I think it is the most fun to throw all that white suff all over the room. For some reason, though, I don't get toys with stuffing anymore. So, one time, I found a pillow that had lots of feathers in it and I threw them all over the room. I don't know why my Mom was so unhappy. It was really a lot of fun!

I love everybody – dogs, people, and especially kids! Well, not everyone - I don’t like that squirrel in my backyard that keeps teasing me. One of these days, I’m going to catch him!

I go to school, called obedience class, where I teach my mom how to give me treats when I sit, lie down, and do other stuff. I almost passed the Canine Good Citizenship Test, but they said I should not have jumped up on the instructor. I just can’t help myself! I might try again, but it’s going to be really hard not to jump – people are so tall and I want to say hello!
It’s been a long day, so I’m going to go lie down on the couch next to my Mom. That is my favorite place to relax. Thanks so much, OBG, for rescuing my birth Mom and taking such good care of me and my siblings when we were babies. I can’t wait to hear how they are doing. I hope they are as happy as I am! If anyone sees me in one of the Arlington dog parks, please come up and say hello. I love to meet OBG alumni!

Love and Licks, Cosette

(P.S.: I heard about the horrible way the Be Mine Nine were treated before OBG rescued them and it makes me feel sad. I am so lucky that OBG rescued me as a puppy so I didn’t have to go through that and I'm so happy OBG saved them too. In honor of my birthday, I asked my Mom to make a donation to help them. I hope others will do the same thing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment