Monday, February 11, 2013

Guest Blogger: Sawyer


Guess what everyone - I went to physical therapy today and no more staples for me!! They took them out and looked at my knees and said everything looks super! I’m so happy!! This means that I only have to wear the cone of shame for another few days until my knees scab over completely. I can’t wait!!

The physical therapist was super nice to me. Her name was Morgan. She said she couldn’t believe how good my legs looked. She’d seen me pre-surgery and she wasn’t sure how much could be fixed. But she was so impressed! And so was the doctor! Plus, all of the vet techs came out to say hello. That means lots of nice pets and cookies for me. Yum! I love physical therapy.

Luckily, I don’t actually need to go back for more sessions. I’m still on crate-rest for another 10 weeks (boo!), but then I’m allowed to be a normal dog again (yay!!) And starting next week, I’ll get to go on short walks outside rather than just short trips in the back yard. I’ve already sniffed everything there is to sniff out back. I’m ready for a change!

I’m still not allowed to go on the stairs or to run or rough-house with the other pups for now. This is very hard for me. I’m such a happy boy that all I want to do is run around and play! Especially after I’ve been in the crate for a few hours. But my foster parents are very strict and there are baby gates all over the house to keep me safe. Plus, it turns out that my foster sibs don’t really play much. They sleep a lot. Then again, so do I – ZZZZ.

I’ll let you know how my adventures continue.

Wags and Kisses!
Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment