Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Koda's Happy Tail

About 4 years ago, we lost our Cocker Spaniel, Buddy, quite suddenly. He was only 10 years old, which is a youngster to us. Buddy was also adopted from “Oldies but Goodies.” Buddy was with me on a Friday, and gone Monday.

As we (my husband and I) had always planned, we immediately went to the OBG website to find another pup to love, and to provide with a loving home.

My husband found “Koda” on the website. Frankly, I was not, at first, enamored with his picture, pink spotted tongue, and brief but informative Bio. Koda was just about a year old, and had been surrendered to OBG at such a young age.  We understood that there had been some problems in his previous household, but had been given the best of care.

Koda arrived on that Thursday with his foster father, who mentioned that he did not “show well.” My husband reached down for a friendly hello, and Koda snapped at him. He had been described on the site as “strikingly handsome,” and so he was.

We kept Koda, and witnessed the change from a distrusting, unpredictable pup to a trusting, LOVING, loyal, smart, and just plain fun delight. My husband did well, yet, again! Koda just celebrated his 5th birthday, and his only problem is that he is somewhat fearful of our 15 year old Lhasa Apso…half his weight!!

The only way I can accept losing our Buddy, is to believe that he left us so that Koda would find the perfect home…he did!!
As is said, “who rescued who!”

Gratefully,
Sandi W

No comments:

Post a Comment