Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ziggy: Clippers Are Not My Friends!

Ziggy, here. Just when I thought every day would be the same, I am having new adventures. Have I mentioned my haircut before? My fur is very, very short. My tail looks like a rat’s tail. But whoever cut my hair (and I’m not saying) didn’t trim the hair on my face. Maybe they put a hood on me, so I couldn’t see who gave me that bad haircut? I have a shaggy beard and fur over my eyes. 

I think this is my better side!
Anyway, today we went to a place where dogs get haircuts. I was plenty worried. But Mary gave me treats on the way down the steps. The groomer was happy to see me…happier than I was to see her. She sat down on the floor and gave me treats…better treats than the ones I get at home. Then I got up on a table and put my head in a harness. Not so good. When I saw the clipper, I tried to back off the table. There was a treat on the clipper, but it took me a long time to take it. The clipper touched me. I watched it very carefully and talked to it, but it was quiet. 

Then the groomer turned the clipper on. I sniffed it. I sat very close to Mary while the clipper buzzed. It touched me all over, but didn’t cut my hair. I got treats and petted. More buzzing, and a little bit of hair trimmed on my chin. I growled. More buzzing and touching, more treats.

When I got off the table, I got a new squeaky toy! And more treats. Now I’m back home, full of treats, and totally exhausted. One side of my beard is shorter. I’m not sure it improves my looks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi – Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Cocker Spaniels Community at vorts.com? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Cocker Spaniels Owners, Breeders, Rescues and Lovers.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website...
    You can also add Photos, Videos, Rescues and Classifieds if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    The Cocker Spaniels Community: http://www.vorts.com/cocker_spaniels/
    Thanks,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ziggy! I look forward to his reports! Kris N.

    ReplyDelete