Friday, July 20, 2012

Estate Planning for Your Pet - Free Workshop Tomorrow

Tomorrow, Sat. July 21st, from 1:30-3:00pm, Your Dog's Friend is hosting a free workshop on Estate Planning for Your Pet. It will take place at St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 6030 Grosvenor Lane, Bethesda, MD

This is such a tough topic.  We don't want to think about what would happen if our pets outlived us or were no longer able to care for them.  I just went through the estate planning process recently.  I had included my pet (only one dog at the time) in my planning several years ago but I now have three OBG fur-kids and I realized I had not really considered the costs of taking care of three for the rest of their lives and I did not have a solid care taker plan in place for them. 

YDF's speaker is an attorney who will explain what your options are and ways, from the simple to the more complex, to make arrangements for your pets after our death or disability. The speaker is Mindy Felinton, Esq; Felinton Elder Law & Estate Planning Centers (www.felintonlaw.com)  Please check the YDF website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment