Thursday, September 8, 2011

#32 & #33: Pip & Bridget

This note grabbed my heart, and I found myself reading it again & again...

To the Wonderful People at Oldies But Goodies,

I just wanted to let you know that your group really did change our lives, and for so many years we have had these two puppies who have brought nothing but joy into our home.


I believe the year was 1998 (it might have been 1997) when we contacted your group. We had lost our cocker Winnie the Pooch at the age of 13, and we were so sad and lonely. We had been given your name by our groomer at the time.

At first we had asked for a puppy, and we were introduced to Rocky (who very shortly became Mr. Pip), and he was the cutest and cuddliest little pup. We were called and told that his mom was in need of a home as well. So Bridget came to our home and was sooooo excited when she first came into our sun room. She was like a wild woman running all over the place, and I had a moment where I thought "What have I done?"

Well she soon calmed down and was the best friend in the world! She got up every single day and simply showed us joy and gratitude. She was thrilled every time we came home. I could not walk anywhere in the house that she did not follow me where ever I went. She was my walking buddy and each and every day we took walks in the morning and in the evening, Pip only wanted to join us on the evening walks.

I am sad to say that Bridget passed away in late June of this year; she was almost 16 years old, and I miss her so much. I think Pip misses her too, but not as much as I do. He is pretty content in his old age of 14 to have the couch and treats and nice dinners; he does have glaucoma, but the vet tells us that he is not in any pain, and he takes his eye drops like a trooper. Bridget was healthy for all these years except in the past year her hearing went away, and she did have warts—but everyone still thought she was beautiful, and she still loved her walks right up until the end.

People tell me that Pip is too old to have another dog enter his home life, but I am not so sure.

This is my favorite picture of the two of them together.


Again thank you for all you do each and every day.

What a wonderful family. Sending much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment